As excited as any teenager is to travel without parental supervision, a trip abroad can be nerve-wracking for parents left at home anxiously waiting to hear whether their teen is safe. Here’s a hint for those parents: you’re gonna wait a long time before you’ll get a phone call from a teenager who’s traveling.
- Protect your teen with travel insurance.
- Make a copy of their travel documents,
- Pack a travel medical kit for your teen,
- Enroll your teen in ‘STEP’, (Provide link)
- Have a discussion about personal safety,
- Pack a simple travel medical portfolio,
- Teach them to use a money belt.
- Consider getting a GPS tracking device. Visit www.family1st.io to browse our devices.