With every second tourist renting a car while visiting their favorite destination, the renting business has become highly profitable. In fact, according to a report by Precedence research, the car rental market size will value around $186.59 by 2030.
Apart from dedicated car rental businesses, individuals with more than one car also rent out their vehicles through third-party channels. As much as this line of business is profitable, it comes with its fair share of challenges, one of the biggest hurdles being the theft of assets. Moreover, the success of such a business model depends on the optimum utilization of all the available resources. While big businesses can opt for fleet management solutions, individual renters can ensure the safety of their cars with personal GPS trackers like Family1st.
With the help of our GPS tracker, you can stay updated with the real-time location of your car and enjoy your peace of mind.
Table of Contents
Car Rental Business Challenges That GPS Trackers Can Solve
Car theft is a problem that troubles all car owners alike – whether they want to use it for personal reasons or rent it out to earn some extra cash. And when you are letting a stranger use your car for a couple of days in your absence, it potentially increases the chances of theft. With a GPS tracker, you can track your vehicle in real time. Some advanced GPS trackers like Family1st Portables also offer a geofencing feature that you can use to create safe zones to limit travel areas and get alerts for illegal parking or tows.
Breach Of Contract
Managing the time and allotment of vehicles to the clients is one of the essential parameters for a car rental to succeed. However, one factor that most renters cannot control is the breach of contract by the client. Even a one-day delay in returning your vehicle can lead to adverse consequences for your business. GPS trackers enable you to locate and retrieve the car on time.
Another factor as a car owner/renter you cannot control is unsafe driving by your client. If your client breaks traffic rules or meets with an accident, you will be liable for damages and suffer a loss of assets. You cannot be in the car with your client, but you can use a GPS tracker to notify them of unsafe driving like harsh braking or speeding.
Car rental clients are usually tourists who don’t know your city’s topography, roads, and areas. They can easily take a wrong turn and get lost. In case of emergencies like an accident or vehicle breakdown, you can get them the assistance they need with the help of real-time location from the GPS tracking device.
Family1st GPS Tracker For Your Car Rental Business
The benefits a car rental can derive from implementing a GPS tracking unit do not stop at just overcoming the challenges. A comprehensive GPS tracking solution from Family1st can help you manage your assets and rental process efficiently, saving time and cost.
Like most GPS tracking solutions available in the market, Family1st also offers GPS hardware and a companion interface. While the device is compact, sturdy, water-resistant, and easy to install, the interface enables users to set alerts and check reports on any Android and iOS device with the help of an app.
Now, if you are looking to rent your car with safety, we would recommend our Portable GPS tracker. It is small and tamperproof and does not require installation. Because of its size, it works perfectly as a hidden device, allowing discreet tracking. A portable tracker can be installed anywhere in the car and comes with a separate magnetic case if you want to install it on a metallic surface. These devices have a long battery life of over 2 weeks.
The hardware unit is priced at only $29.95 with the lowest monthly ($21.95/mo) and annual ($13.95/pa) subscription. There are no contracts, allowing you to activate and deactivate service as per your preference. No extra or hidden charges. The device also comes with a lifetime warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For your peace of mind, while renting your car, the Family1st tracking solution offers these features:
- Easy Installation: It only takes a few minutes to install and set up the Family1st Portable GPS tracker. Once you have kept the GPS tracker in the car, visit here to activate it, log in with your credentials, and you are done! In just three steps, you can ensure the safety of your car while renting it.
- Connectivity: For seamless contact between you and your car, the device offers multiple connectivity channels. You get a 4G sim with coverage all over North America, including Canada and Puerto Rico. With this vast coverage, you can easily rent your car to travel in these countries. The tracker also connects with Wi-Fi for indoor accessibility. You can integrate it with Alexa and view reports on any device with voice commands.
- Real-time Alerts: Whether it is location information, battery level alerts, or safe zone notification, you get it all in real-time – without any delay. This feature allows you to take any required action to ascertain that your car is safe and within reach.
- Smart Alerts: As discussed above, you cannot control the driving behavior of your client. But with our tracker, you can certainly keep an eye on rash driving, and inform your client to be more careful. You can set preferences to receive push messages and email notifications for incidents like speeding, harsh braking, late-night driving, and more.
- Geofencing: Geofencing or safe zones are virtual boundaries that you can set around places you either want your car to be in or avoid. For example, you can set digital fences around the vehicle impoundment lot or tow yards. As soon as your car enters these areas, you get notified. This allows you to be on top of such undesirable incidents, and get your asset back safely.
- Easy Recovery Of Lost Asset: Because the tracker records the location in real-time, it is easier to get to your car in emergencies. You can also share the location information with law enforcement authorities to recover your car before it is dismantled and sold.
- User-centric interface: Family1st has a dedicated user interface that you can download on any Android or iOS device. With the help of this interface – mobile app and web portal – you can access all the data recorded by the tracker. The app also enables setting alarms, alerts, safe zones, and more in just a few taps, keeping you connected and in complete control of the tracker and your car.
- Customer Service: With Family1st, you get unbridled access to top-notch 24/7 customer service. Whether you need any technical support or want to report a glitch, we are always available. You can call, email, or chat with us anytime – round the clock, throughout the year.
So there it is!
Family1st GPS tracking solution is comprehensive, user-friendly, and does not burn a hole in your pocket. You get real-time alerts, location updates, location sharing, continuous connectivity, intercountry coverage, and more. With the Family1st Portable GPS tracker in your car, you can confidently rent it out and enjoy complete peace of mind.